Project Manager for the Barefoot Computing Programme
Barefoot Computing Workshop
A hands-on session that helps teachers to:
- Understand the Barefoot approach and the computing curriculum
- Explore ‘computational’ thinking and key computing concepts and approaches
- Discover what Barefoot resources are available – self-teach notes & classroom activities
- Complete some exemplar teaching activities
- Find out how to access the resources and what support is available
All attendees will also receive a free resource pack including an A1 classroom poster, visual concept cards and a sample lesson plan.
About Barefoot Computing
The Barefoot Computing Programme is a brilliant, free initiative created by Computing At School (CAS) with support from the Department for Education (DfE) and BT.
It offers a wealth of cross-curricular computing resources and face-to-face training to support primary teachers in delivering the computing curriculum with confidence and ease.
The core aim of the Programme is to help young people become ‘computational thinkers’ and empower them with the skills needed for success in the digital world.
Hannah is a Project Manager for the Barefoot Computing Programme and delivers CPD Workshops all over the UK to help primary school teachers deliver the computing curriculum.